Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Year of Concerts

The following is a list of bands/shows I HAVE to see this year. If I don't, I'm going to go postal on someone (for liability reasons, that's a joke).

P.S.: To be politically correct, I apologize to those that are postal workers that take offense to the reference that going crazy is synonymous with working at the post office. I don't want you going postal on me for the reference, so piss off.

Tool
What great concerts we have coming up...first off, Tool! Of course the beloved Tool. OK, as of this writing, they have only one US date scheduled on April 30th at the Coachella Valley Music Festival in Indio, California. Then, they head off to Europe and Asia until July. But, they'll be back in the states & surely will visit the Northwest, they always do. Looking forward to Tool concert #10. www.toolband.com Teaser site: www.sonybmg.ca/tool/four/



Pearl Jam
I've already got my tickets to the Pearl Jam concert at the Gorge on July 22nd. It hasn't been widely announced yet & tickets aren't available to the general public, but as a 11 year veteran of the Ten Club, we got first stab at tickets. The cool thing too is that they give seating according to your seniority in the fan club. Last year we were in the 6th row I think? So, should be just as good or better seats. I'll have to check, but I think this is PJ concert #9 ½. www.tenclub.net



Rob Zombie
I'd love to see this show again. He's out on tour now, awaiting a Northwest Date. www.robzombie.com








Live
One of the best bands I've ever seen, uh, live. They put on an amazing show. No lights, no lasers, just pure energetic music. Ed puts out such energy and emotion it's scarey. Truly one of the best American bands, in my opinion. The new album, "Songs from Black Mountain" goes on sale here in the US on June 13th. They have shows lined up through July, but no Northwest dates! Argh! www.friendsoflive.com




Rammstein
What do I have to do to get these guys to play the states?! I don't understand a word they're singing (although I can now say I know German words. I can sing Rammstein), but man, what an amazing band. If you've ever seen the Vin Diesel movie, XXX, Rammstein is the band in the beginning in that club breathing fire & stuff. That's their show, Great White's worst nightmare (ooooooooooooo, ouch). My friend Will saw them live in a club in Germany long ago...I am jealous, Rammstein envy. www.rammstein.com


Alice in Chains

Huh? Layne coming back from the dead? Nope! Jerry Cantrell IS AIC, in my opinion. He's the soul behind that band and I'm glad they're reuniting. Again, all European dates at this time. www.jerrycantrell.com or www.aliceinchains.com

Queensrÿche
I know what you're saying...butt rockers. Hey, I love this band. Geoff Tate has incredible pipes! They're doing both Operation Mindcrime I and II. I saw 'em twice last year here in town when they did just Operation Mindcrime I and hits. I'll be at the Big Easy again in October. Operation Mindcrime I is still one of my favorite albums of all time. I see them do it over and over. The verdict is still out on Pt. II. Only listened to it a couple of times. www.queensrÿche.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?