Monday, February 27, 2006

 

UAE & Ports Pt.2

Good Postings
There's so much good material out there about the UAE ports deal, that I'll just post links. Besides, I ranted below. But, there's been good research material that has turned up, I thought I'd just post links.

First, if you've seen Fahrenheit 9/11, you've heard of the Carlyle Group. Well, there's new ties from this company to Dubai as well as people in Bush's Administration. Read this.

Second point, Bush himself posed a challenge to anyone that should tell him why a British company should hold different standards than an Arab company (well, I don't think ANY port should be in the hands of ANY foreign company...but that's just me). Well, I think Lou Dobbs says it best. Watch this.

OK, we need some humor on this topic. Who better to deliver than Jon Stewart and the Daily Show. But he brings up a good point. The President didn't even know about the deal until after is was made. Seems like there's a hole in the whole security process, don't you think? Check out 'Portcenter'.

Anyway, non-political posting coming about my weekend. I don't want to have this just be a political blog.

Later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?