Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

On Acid? Or just Stupid?

Bush Approves of handing over ports to United Arab Emirates Company
Of course you've heard by now the wonderful decision of our Moron in Chief approving the sale of a British Company to Bubai Ports, a United Arab Emirates company. Now, the first thing that popped in my head when I read this article was, "Huh? We outsource our ports?". I was stunned to learn that we have foreign companies running our ports. I understand that Customs and the Coast Guard are still in charge of security.

But what astounds me is that in a post 9-11 world and with this Administration pumping fear propoganda into the public for political gain (uh, when was the last time you heard of a 'terrorism alert'...gee, was it in 2004 before the election? NOTE: I do mean a terrorism alert NOT initiated by Fox News...those guys are puppets for this Administration), it amazes me that we aren't controlling our ports in the first place. This Administration's stand has always been that they are breaking the law to protect us. They will spy on us, go to war, lie, deceive and be secretive all in the name of keeping America safe. Instead of using words to create the illusion of safety, why don't they actually DO something to keep us safe? Maybe start by controlling our ports & not outsourcing or selling this key to keeping America safe.

OK, you're thinking...why not have a UAE company control our seaports? Well, would it give you pause to learn that the September 11 attacks were partly funded by money that passed through UAE banks? (Source: NY Times) Or, would you be interested to know that smuggled nuclear components sent to Iran, Pakistan and Libya were run through the UAE ports? (Source: MSNBC)

Now, the interesting thing about this is that I'm not necessarily against UAE running our ports, I'm against ANY foreign country running our ports. Because of this article, this was brought to my attention that we don't control them now! This is insane to me.

I encourage you to read this article from military.com: Read Now. It covers the CFIUS, which is an American panel that approves/rejects foreign investments in America.

Good reading.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?